Saturday, May 19, 2018

Cross Training Begins



  The cheap spin bike I bought for my comeback, came in yesterday and I put it together last night.  Normally it would have been very quick to assemble but on crutches EVERYTHING takes me longer to do.  Melissa dragged the box to the back room of the basement where we wanted the bike and helped me get it out of the box and then I sat in a chair and put it together.    Since it took a while I only rode it for a couple minutes last night.  I have been riding for 5 minutes at the physical therapist but that is literally the only aerobic exercise I have done since surgery on April 13. 

  This morning I did 30 minutes on the bike and covered "10 miles."  I have very little faith in the little computer on this cheapo bike but it gives  me something to compare session to session.  The effort on this was very light.  At this point I can't have any resistance so I'm limited on how hard it I can go.  Still it was amazing to actually do a bit of exercise. 

The view

  Moving forward from this point I am pretty much a cyclist for the next couple of weeks and then I'll be able to start on the Elliptigo.  Also around that time I can also start adding some resistance on the bike which will enable me to do hard efforts and even some workout simulations.  For today I am just stoked to take a big step towards actual exercise. 

  Cross Training day 1 complete.  30 minutes on the stationary bike with no resistance.  The effort was light but I don't think I have ever enjoyed a stationary bike so much in all my life. 


   

No comments: