Sunday, March 19, 2017

Training Blog March 13 to 19, 2017

Monday PM 8.3 miles in 54:11 solo

Tuesday AM 3 miles on treadmill, 21mins
               PM 4 hours of snow removal

Wednesday AM 2 hours snow removal
                    PM 11x30 second fartlek in the middle 3 miles of an 8.3 mile run, meant to do 10 but messed up my count, 52:20 for the whole run, the 3 miles with the fartlek were 5:46, 5:43, 541

Thursday PM 8.3 solo, 55:07

Friday PM 6.3 miles solo, 42:14

Saturday PM 4.2 mile solo, 28:10

Sunday AM 2.5 warm up, some more jogging, drills and strides after that.  Race New Bedford half marathon.  1:10:37, 18th place.  Well that is about as shitty a race as I have had as an adult.  Not really sure what went so wrong.  I had some coordination stuff and stopped for drills at 8.5 miles but didn't feel that bad.  The wind was the worst I think I have ever raced in. So that explains some of the time but not the place.  The wind was just as bad for everyone else. I was out too hard but nothing crazy and like I said I settled in and felt pretty decent. I don't really have an answer.  Up to about 8 miles I was actually thinking I was going to run pretty well.  I was out a bit too hard but I didn't think it was that bad.  Sometimes you're the windshield sometimes your the bug.  I was certainly the bug today.  I have a week basically off scheduled this week so my plan is to just move forward and hopefully this becomes a bad memory.

Summary  I'll do what I can to figure out what went so wrong in the half but frankly I'm note going to sweat it too much.  I know my fitness is generally coming along nicely and I'm happy with the progression of the workouts and if they keep progressing the workouts can't help but follow.  Now if the sun can come out and melt this snow while I'm resting this week so I can do some track workouts when I get back to work I'll be really thankful.  Hope you are well.

No comments: